K-12 Kat Pack Backpack
No kids necessary.....
The K-12 Kat Pack Backpack is the ideal choice for students who need a bag that can keep up with them from kindergarten all the way to 12th grade. Its durable construction is designed to withstand years of wear-and-tear. Of course, we know the big kids get them as well.
Made in U.S.A. with our "No Bull" Lifetime Warranty
Our unique rectangular design to efficiently hold books, files, notepad laptops, magazines
Daisy chain loops on shoulder straps for keys and other small items
A time tested, durable backpack that's built to last
Perfect size for school, or overnight bag
Easy access main compartment zips all open to the base
At nearly under a grand in cubic inch volume (917 cu. in.), the main compartment features the same 400 Denier High Density Nylon Pack Cloth lining as our other travel bags. The bright color makes searching inside the pack easier and adds a level of toughness and weather
STRONGER SHOULDER STRAPS.
The K-12 Kat Pack has reinforced double box stitching at major stress points: the top of the bag's shoulder contact area and the base's outer corners.
A strip of two-inch poly webbing was added to anchor the box stitches all across the entire width of the back of the pack. At the bottom, the one inch nylon strap anchors down the corners.
BIG ZIPPERS THAT LAST.
Ever had the zipper break on a pack that otherwise still looks new? It's the number one failure zone on every backpack built-- except ours. The #10 YKK nylon self-locking zipper, a touted feature on all our bags, is about as tough and practical a zipper as money can buy.
DRAGGING TESTED - AND PASSED.
Buy the one and only backpack you or your kids will use from grade school to graduation and beyond. The K-12 Backpack probably is one of the few fatback school bags built with a "ballistic bottom." The 1050-weight ballistic nylon shields the bottom of this backpack from grit and gravel.
A SAFE PLACE FOR YOUR TABLET.
The K-12 Kat Pack Backpack has other clever design features. The raised outer pocket was developed to carry any number of the popular modern electronic tablets and e-readers like the iPad, Kindle, and so on. The flat zippered pocket located above it will also fit these tablets.
The back area in the main compartment is padded with a dense natural closed cell foam padding that is not only comfortable on your back, but also protects your notepad laptop computer.
TAKE YOUR WATER WITH YOU.
The dual elastic side pockets will securely hold a couple of water bottles.
Children's School Backpack Packing Tips:
- Teach your kids to pack only necessary items each day.
- Kids should carry less than 10-20 percent of their body weight in a backpack.
- Distribute the contents evenly with heaviest items, like books, on the bottom or against the padded back.
- Carry the backpack above the waist. Adjust the shoulder straps until the bottom of the bag rests just above the hips, or the lowest point of curvature, also known as the cup of the lumbar.
- If your child bends forward to compensate for weight, the pack is overloaded for them.
- If possible, heavy textbooks should be stored in their locker until needed for class.
- Teach children to use both shoulder straps. This keeps the weight equally distributed.
- Each backpack comes with an adjustable sternum chest strap which attaches to the daisy chains on the shoulder straps. Using the chest strap can help balance the backpack's load.
- 12"W x 7.5"D x 14"H
- U.S.A. Weight: 1.9 Pounds
- Overall Capacity:1,078 cu. inches
- Weight: 1.9 pounds.
- 30cm W x 19cm D x 35.5cm H
- Extended front pocket: 17.7cm H x 5cm D x 29cm W
- Overall Capacity: 20.4 Liters
- Weight: 0.86 Kilos
- Main compartment: 12"W x 6"D x 14"H
- Main Compartment:1008 cubic inches
- Extended front pocket: 7"H x 2"D x 11.5"W
- Front slip pocket: 10.5"H x 11.5"W
- Two elastic side pockets: 4"W x 6"H
- Cavernous main compartment for belongings
- Shape optimized for maximum use of space
- Raised front pocket for school supplies storage
- Elastic mesh side pockets for water bottles or school supplies
- Rectangular design to efficiently hold books, files, notepad laptops, magazines
- Plenty of room for books, school supplies, even a lunch
- Daisy chain loops on shoulder straps for keys and other small items
- Includes adjustable detachable chest strap
- Internal sleeve will fit laptops up to 15"
- Grab loop carry carry handle
- Separating adjustable Fastex buckles on shoulder straps
- Weather resistant
- Fabric: 1000 weight urethane coated, Dupont certified CORDURA® Brand nylon
- "Wear-resistant" 1050 weight Ballistic nylon bottom
- 400 Denier High Density Nylon Pack Cloth soft red nylon interior lining
- Natural closed cell foam padding in back panel for comfort
- Uni-Suede padded shoulder straps
- Monkey Fist Zip knots on all zippers
- All zippers #10 YKK VISLON® self-locking
- Thread: Anefil Nylon, Bonded Type 6,6 Tex 90-Black
- Critical seams double stitched and bound
- Double box stitching on stress points such as shoulder straps
- Includes Cable Lock
Can this be monogrammed
We have to send out for our embroidery so we currently only offer it on our Railroad bags and corporate orders. That being said, you're welcome to get your bag embroidered by a local embroidery shop in your area and this won't void your warranty in any way.
will it work with wheeled rolling suit case?
The Fastex buckles on the shoulder straps make it easy to run the straps over and through the handle of a roll-aboard to secure the Kat Pack in place.
how to properly pack a backpack
Teach your kids to pack only necessary items they will need to use just for that day.
Kids should carry less than 10-20 percent of their body weight in a backpack.
Distribute the contents evenly with heaviest items, like books, on the bottom or against the padded back.
Carry the backpack above the waist. Adjust the shoulder straps until the bottom of the bag rests just above the hips, or the lowest point of curvature, also known as the cup of the lumbar.
If your child bends forward to compensate for their backpack's weight, the pack is too heavy.
If your child struggles to put the pack on, it's too heavy.
If possible, heavy text books should be stored in their locker until needed for class.
Teach children to use both shoulder straps! This keeps the weight equally distributed and prevents sore shoulders and pinched nerves.
Each backpack comes with an adjustable chest strap which attaches to the daisy chains on the straps. Using the chest strap can help balance the backpack's load.
The K-12 is our official school backpack designed for the rough use as only kids can dish out. Instead of being a top loader like our rucksacks the Roadster and C-Ruck, the Kat Pack has zippers that open the bag all the way down the side for easy access to deep packed items.
Will the K-12 Kat Pack Backpack meet personal item carry-on standards?
Certainly, the K-12 will easily fit into any overhead bin and even under most airline seats. It's not just for school, it's also a great travel backpack.
What's the best way to pack the K-12?
The most efficient way to pack this backpack is to pack items you may need easy access to towards the front or top of the bag. The raised exterior front pocket and flat zipper pocket are designed for storing smaller items. Another option we recommend for easy access is to use the daisy chain accessory loops located on the backpack straps to carry stuff that can be hung with carabiners or key rings.
How many days worth of school supplies will fit in the Kat Pack?
Depends on how good a packer you are. Most people can get a weeks worth of school supplies in the K-12. If you're considering the bag as a travel pack, probably a weekend's worth of clothes.
Will a laptop fit in the K-12? What size laptop?
Virtually any laptop with up to a 15" diagonal screen and two-inches thick will fit inside the backpack notebook sleeve.
What's the red fabric on the inside of the bag for?
Having a bright color on the inside of the pack helps to see what's inside. It also adds an extra layer of weather resistant protection.
Does the Kat Pack have a belly strap?
The K-12 Kat Pack Backpack does not have a built-in frame, so a belt strap would not help to balance the load. It does come with an adjustable chest strap.
Are there any interior pockets?
There is only a raised exterior pocket and a flat zippered pocket located on the front of the backpack.
Is there a way to securely lock my pack?
Sure, you can use any TSA approved bag lock or try our Cable Lock for a simple, semi-secure solution. Watch this video where CEO Jim Markel demonstrates how you can use the cable lock that comes with the Dog Tag price tag to secure your bag. Keep in mind, any determined thief can still cut open your backpack with a sharp knife.
My zipper broke. The teeth have separated. Do I send it in for warranty repair?
No need for warranty repair, try to fix it yourself. Check out this video where CEO Jim Markel shows how easy it is to do it yourself.
How do I use or store my bag to keep its original padded shape?
When using your bag, pack heavy items in the bottom of the bag. When storing your bag, removed any items and press flat. You can stack your bags in your closet in this manner or better yet, use a compression strap (sold separately) to hang your bag.
Can you ship USPS?
Yes, Red Oxx will ship USPS upon request. Simply state, "Please ship USPS" in the cart comments during checkout and we will adjust your billing accordingly.
This product has no reviews yet.
This product has no reviews yet.
This product has no reviews yet.