The Red Oxx Kingfisher is our Large Packing Cube. It's designed to effortlessly organize your belongings in all of our carry-on luggage. A travel pouch that's sized just right to perfectly pack your pants, shirts, skirts, light jackets and sweaters. The Kingfisher is ready to help you organize your travel clothes.
Fourteen inches long by eleven inches wide and two inches deep, the beautiful sky blue Kingfisher Large Packing Cube fits perfectly in the main compartments of our carry-on legal Air Boss Business Bag, Sky Train Convertible Backpack, and both the Safari Beanos PR5 and Tres Hombres Duffel Bags. Designed to fit snugly in the center compartments of each bag it can also be tied down in either side compartment of the Air Boss or the top compartment of the Sky Train.
The soft mesh see-through stitched and bound lid is held in place by a tough #5 YKK Vislon® self-locking zipper that easily zips open using the color-matched pair of light-reflecting Fair Trade Monkey Fist Zip Knots.
Pull the Kingfisher pouch out of your bag by the one-inch wide nylon handle. To save on weight, our packing cubes are built with soft, light-weight 400 Denier Nylon Packcloth instead of our standard heavier 1000 weight CORDURA® Nylon that we use on our travel bags. The Packcloth is Urethane coated for durable water-resistant protection.
We recommend that you fold, then roll your belongings for best packing cube fit and superior wrinkle reduction.
1. Lay your shirts, pants, dresses or skirts on a flat surface such as a bed. With both hands, pull outwards at the side edges of the garment. For shirts, pull at the shoulders, chest and waist; for pants or slacks, pull outwards at the hips, each knee and ankle; and for a skirt, pull at the waist, mid-dress and hem; a dress, the shoulders, waist and hem.
2. Attempt to lay your clothes as flat as possible with this method, then gently sweep your hands over the clothing to flatten it. The idea is to create a flat garment with crisp edges and minimal wrinkles that is ready to be folded over lengthwise, top to bottom.
3. Next, take each sleeve of the shirt and fold them over the chest, again pulling and sweeping them flat. Then fold the shirt in half, and once more. Repeat with the sides of a skirt or dress, folding it in half lengthwise, and again, keeping sure to smooth out any wrinkles. You can fold over a pair of pants this way as well. Fold again until you have a flat shirt, pants, dress or skirt about as wide as your cube.
4. Now very carefully roll the belonging up from the bottom, once more smoothing out any wrinkles. Now you have a rolled package that will fit neatly width-wise in the Kingfisher Packing Cube. You should be able to add two to four or so more folded and rolled belongings nestled inside the cube. Grasp the bound edge of the lid with one hand and pull on a zip knot with the other, zipping it closed around to the front, repeat on the other side.
5. Open the main compartment of your Air Boss or Sky Train carry-on bag and lay flat. Insert your packed Kingfisher cubes into the main compartment or use the tie-downs located in the side compartments of your Red Oxx carry-on, they will hold the packing cubes in place. You should be able to fit up to four Kingfishers in the main compartment in a stacked 2 x 2 arrangement. If you have a top-loading duffel such as a Safari Beanos bag, you can lay them flat and stack them or insert them sideways. See photos for inspiration.
Now you can organize and pack your fancy shirts or skirts and skip the wrinkle worries!
Build your own Custom Packing Cube Kit right here starting with the Kingfisher Large Travel Pouches today!
U.S.A.: 14"L x 11"W x 2"D
U.S.A. Capacity: 462 cubic inches
Metric: 35.5cm L x 28cm W x 5cm D
Metric Capacity: 7.8 liters
U.S.A. Weight: 5.6 oz
Metric Weight: 158 grams
"No Bull" no question's asked Lifetime Warranty. Red Oxx lasts Longer.
Thoughtfully designed, lovingly hand-crafted, and quickly shipped from Billings, Montana U.S.A..
Witness the birth of your bag and learn about the many steps it takes to handcraft your Kingfisher Large Packing Cube.
Meet the thundering herd who build your gear with pride.
Red Oxx is a Veteran owned and operated US Manufacturer.
Be sure to sign up for our Red Oxx Field Report email Newsletter to stay up to date about events such as Oxx Fest, new products, Limited Special Edition colors, Red Eye Collective limited edition prototype bags, helpful packing videos, fun travel stories, and more.
Email Policy: Online orders will receive an order confirmation email, a tracking information email when your order ships, and a product review request follow-up email later. During checkout purchasers have the option to opt-out of our other occasional email notifications. Your email address is always secure.