By Dr. Matt, Virginia, USA, March 29, 2015
Recently returned from a trip to Cape Town, SA. Brought presents for our granddaughter (daughter and son-in-law too) from the USA and came back with some souvenirs upon our return. In both directions the bulging middle of my sturdy Air Boss was not a pretty site...no worries, compression strap to the rescue! Instant "Slim Boss"! Used the second strap to secure another one of our bags, just in case. Made it quick to spot the other bag on the carousel. The Air Boss might have needed a little slimming and there is never an issue about spotting it on those rare carousel rides... however, it is so much nicer to carry on a perfectly sized bag for the overhead. Thank you!
Overpacked your Red Oxx? No worries!
By John McCarthy, London, England, December 22, 2014
Why review such a simple accessory? Red Oxx have made an extremely sturdy compression strap that saved me 6 times it's worth in luggage fees in one trip.
Whilst packing at the end of a Florida vacation that involved an embarrassingly large amount of clothes shopping, I began to wonder if I could pack all my purchases in just my trusty Sky Train carry-on (it was already 3/4 full without them). I successfully bundled in 12 t-shirts, 7 dress shirts, 5 pairs of shorts and 3 pairs of trousers (pants), along with 2 pairs of shoes, gadgets, washbag and a jacket. The Sky Train took all of this although it definitely looked ready to burst (of course, I knew it wouldn't!). A few minutes later after locking on the compression strap it looked compact and deceivingly light. So much so that when boarding the flight back to the UK I waltzed right past the gate staff without a second glance. Victory!
It now has a permanent place in my Sky Train for the rare occasions I massively overpack/over-purchase and refuse to give in to checked luggage fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size straps are available?
The strap measures from 38.5 inches (98 cm) to 72 inches long when extended (183 cm) by 1-1/2 inch wide (3.81 cm).
Can you bundle bags together?
Sure, the generous length of strap could hold a few bags together. Clip two straps together for double the length.
If my strap gets wet, will it stretch?
Moisture can impact stretch, be sure to periodically check your straps and readjust as necessary if exposed to continuous moisture.
Can you ship USPS?
Yes, Red Oxx will ship USPS upon request. Simply state, "Please ship USPS" in the cart comments during checkout and we will adjust your billing accordingly.
Luggage Compression Strap
In stock orders ship same day if received by 4:00 PM Mountain Standard Time!
When things get floppy.
Our compression strap will cinch it down.
Now you can strap down your belongings using our exterior Luggage Compression Strap. Our compression strap is 1-1/2 inches wide and extends from 38.5 to 72 inches (six feet) in length. Topped off with our legendary heavy-duty side-release buckles made of Mil Spec Acetal, a super tough plastic designed to replace metal and the easily adjustable Nexus tri-glide, you can wrap the strap around any bag to compress or hold down your belongings. The tough 1-1/2 inch strap is just the right width and is made of handsome, durable Nylon webbing. On our Compression Strap, the trailing end is sewn down so there will be no "loose ends" flopping around and causing havoc.
SHRINK YOUR BAG.
Have a soft sided bag that might not fit in an airline overhead bin? Or perhaps your bag is a hair too big to tuck into a puddle jumper's cargo hold? No problem, a couple of Red Oxx Compression Straps wrapped and cinched down around the body of your bag should do the trick. To keep the straps from slipping off the ends of your bag, simply fit your straps through the bag handle.
Other imaginative uses for our external Luggage Compression Strap include:
- Loop it through the handles of your bag collection and you can save space by hanging your bags in the closet.
- Strap down your bags onto a luggage cart or vehicle luggage rack.
- Strap a couple of bags together - try wrapping a Gypsy Suit Bag around a duffel bag and wrap your straps around both to secure your suit bag around your duffel.
- Clip a strap around your clam shell rollaboard as extra security to keep the zippers or clasps from popping.
- Extend your strap by clipping two or more straps together.
- Strap down your carry-on bag onto a rollaboard wheeled bag for "wheeled" carry.
- Wrap a couple straps around an Aviator, then clip a Claw Shoulder Strap to the straps and voila, a carry strap for your Aviators.
- Compress a belongings bundle for a bag or compartment that has no interior compression straps.
- Use it as an emergency belt, never pack a belt with you again, you have one already!
- Wrap the straps around your bundle, pull the slack into a loop and you have an automatic shoulder strap.
- Wrap up the flopping legs of a camera, spotting scope, or lighting tripod.
- Hold down a stuffed trunk lid on your car.
- Tie up a bad guy.
- Lots of uses, just fire up your imagination and then tell us how you used your strap. You could win a Gift Card valued at $25!
Why settle for cheap imported luggage compression straps when you can buy legendary Red Oxx quality you can depend on. Buy two or more straps, you'll always find a use for more than one!
Dimensions: From 38-1/2 to 72 inches long by 1-1/2 inches wide.
"No Bull" no question's asked Lifetime Warranty.
Designed AND hand made in Billings, Montana U.S.A..
UPS Transit Shipping Time Map.
Meet the thundering herd who build your gear.
Red Oxx is a Veteran owned and operated US Manufacturer.
EMAIL POLICY: Online orders will receive an order confirmation email, a UPS tracking information email and a review request follow-up email eight weeks after delivery. During checkout purchasers have the option to opt-out of our other occasional email notifications. Your email address is always secure.
Every great accessory likes more cool accessories.
- 100% Nylon webbing is sourced in the U.S.A.
- High melting point
- Abrasion resistant
- Mildew resistant
- UV resistant
- High tensile strength
- Mil-spec Fastex quick-release buckle
- Mil-spec Nexus Tri-glide belt adjuster
- Minimum length US: 38.5 inches
- Minimum length Metric: 98 cm
- Maximum length extended US: 72 inches
- Maximum length extended Metric: 183 cm
- Red Oxx "No Bull" Lifetime Warranty
Red Oxx "No Bull" Warranty
As time rolls a ceaseless course, only the genuine guarantee remains. The mountains will persist, the oceans are bound to endure and Red Oxx will continue to be rugged, reliable, and tough.
To the depths of the Amazon basin to the peaks of the Himalayas, Red Oxx Manufacturing is infallible.
Red Oxx Bags are guaranteed forever, be sure to include them in your will.
Made in U.S.A.
Red Oxx Bags are handcrafted in Billings, Montana. U.S.A.